October 7, 2022
Mazovia Circular Congress
International Mazovia Circular Congress
Mazovia Circular Congress is one of the biggest international events about circular economy. Its goal is to promote the idea of a circular economy, support sustainable business models and establish cooperation between interested stakeholders.
The Congress is the closing day of Circular Week 2022 and will take place on 7 October 2022. We will meet in the historical, revitalised building in Warsaw city centre – “Dom Towarowy Braci Jabłkowskich” at 25 Bracka Street. The event will involve the participation of small and large firms, start-ups, investors, representatives of public administration, local governments, enterprises, managers dealing with sustainable development and CSR and the media.
The Congress will feature lectures and discussion panels among international experts representing areas such as macroeconomics, bio-economy, urban infrastructure, waste management and plastics. There will also be workshops and matchmaking sessions organized in collaboration with experts and companies. It will be an excellent opportunity for international networking, promoting your activities internationally and exchanging ideas during networking sessions.
The event will have a hybrid format. You are encouraged to attend in person, however, if you are unable to come, you are welcome to participate in the interactive online version. Each session will be streamed ‘live’ and you will be able to ask questions of the experts in real-time. We also plan online workshops exclusively for ‘online’ participants and attendees.
The organizer is INNOWO – Institute for Innovation and Responsible Development, Polish Circular Hotspot in cooperation with the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform.
THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE MAZOVIA CIRCULAR CONGRESS, WILL BEORGANIZED IN COOPERATION WITH
THE MAZOWIECKIE VOIVODSHIP MARSHAL’S OFFICE
WATCH A RECORDING OF LAST YEAR’S EVENT
EDITION 2022: AGENDA
9.15 - 9.25: Adam Struzik (Marshal of the Mazovian Voivodeship)
9.25 – 9.40: Andrea Liverani (Lead Sustainable Development Specialist with the Environment Department at the World Bank)
9.40 – 9.55: Alberto Arroyo Schnell (Head of Policy and Programme at the European Regional Office of the International Union for Conservation of Nature)
9.55 - 10.05: Agata Czachórska (Country Sustainability Manager at IKEA Group)
Circularity GAP Report Poland - challenges, barriers enablers international cooperation
Innowo, Circle Economy and Natural State are analyzing Poland's state of circularity to drive the country's circular transition.
a. Presentation of the CGR report, along with possible synergies on the path to circularity with Norway
b. Circularity gap in other countries – building on shared experience. Comparison to Norway, the Netherlands, Czechia, Austria etc.
c. Discussion panel
Moderator: Sanne Kaasjager (Head Economic Department / Trade Counsellor Royal Netherlands Embassy)
• Cathrine Barth (Co-founder Circularities; Circular Strategist at Natural State)
• Freek van Eijk(Holland Circular Hotspot)
• Elin Bergman (COO @Cradlenet, co-founder and managing partner @Nordic Circular Hotspot),
• Matthew Fraser(Circle Economy)
• Marlena Tryka (Polish Ministry of Economic Development)
Moderator: Jarosław Górski Ph.D (University of Warsaw)
• Andrzej Łazęcki (Director of the Division of Municipal Economy and Climate at the Cracow City Hall)
• Małgorzata Michalska (Head of Social Innovation Department at Centre for Urban Innovation in Rzeszów)
• Mariusz Rukat (The Mazovian Marshal Office)
• Kathrin Jakobsen (Department for innovation and economic development, Vestland County Council)
• Nina Ekelund (the Executive Director of the Haga Initiative)
•Andrzej Krzyszczak (Director of the Technical and Environmental Consulting Division at Multiconsult Polska)
•Anna Sapota (Vice President Public Affairs Eastern Europe North at TOMRA)
• Jakub Tyczkowski (President of the Management Board, Rekopol Packaging Recovery Organization)
•Leszek Kąsek (Senior Economist - Sustainability, Bureau of Macroeconomic Analyses at ING Bank Slaski)
•Alexander Haneng (Director of innovative partners in Posten Norge)
• Egide VandeVelde (Director of Alternative Fuels Europe, New Holland Agriculture)
•Joanna Trybus (Deputy Director of the Agricultural Markets Department at Polish Ministry of Agriculture)
•Hans Kleivdal Dr. scient. (Deputy EVP and Head of Business Development, Climate & Environment, NORCE)
• Nadir Hamidou (Head of Manufacturing, DANONE Nordics-Poland-Central&Eastern Europe)
Table session with circular companies
IKEA, REKOPOL, Ozarka, Rebread, YoYo Boost Reuse, ZNIKA opakowania, Horizon - NCBR (KPK), Multiconsult Polska, Circular Floating Districts, Humatico&Hydratico, Antalis
a) circular cities – addressing the most important source of resource consumption
b) circular bioeconomy as an essential part of green transition
c) Circular start-ups and their current and long term competitiveness
d) Treating circularity as an advantage, and not a hurdle for financing
Moderator: Prof. Joanna Kulczycka (Institute of Mineral and Energy Economy of the Polish Academy of Sciences - IGSMiE PAN)
• Anna Kozera Szałkowska Ph.D.(Managing Director at PlasticsEurope Polska)
• Anna Sapota ( Vice President for Government Relations for North-Eastern Europe at TOMRA)
• Paulina Kaczmarek (Head of Sustainability at Danone Poland)
• Marcel den Hollander (RUAS Professor Circular Design & Manufacturing)
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER – LET’S STAY IN TOUCH