Re-think Circular Economy Forum Taranto 2022 is designed to present a vision on macro-trends, possible evolutionary paths, and main projects concerning the Circular Economy both on a national and international level.
The main purpose of the event is to stimulate the birth and development of innovative and entrepreneurial activities that could have a positive impact on our local and national economic system.
The event will take place on the October 3rd – 4th – 5th 2022 at the Taranto Campus of the University of Bari. You could attend the event in person or follow it online. The event will be in Italian, with some speeches in English.
Over the 3 days, there will be corporates, startups, research bodies, and institutional actors who, at different levels, are carrying out and supporting projects on the Circular Economy.
The event will be focused on 6 main macro-topics :
– Renewable Energies (Monday 3 October 2022): focus on emerging energy technologies that use new clean energy sources such as the possibilities provided by electrification or other forms of renewable energy;
– Sustainable Mobility (Tuesday 4 October 2022): deepening on emerging trends applied to different forms of transport for a more efficient use of resources with a focus on biofuels, hydrogen and biomethane;
– Agri-Food (Tuesday 4 October 2022): focus on technologies that enhance and optimise production processes from a circular perspective with a focus on waste recovery and reduction, forms of food preservation and distribution, and new sustainable agricultural practices;
– Blue Economy (Wednesday 5 October 2022): deepening on technologies that enhance the resources and the production activities of the coastal and maritime territory in a circular perspective with a focus on sustainable fishing, port activities, aquaculture and mussel farming;
– Water (Wednesday 5 October 2022): focus on trends favouring wastewater valorisation and savings activities, recovery and reuse of water resources for irrigation, civil and industrial use;
– Waste optimization (Wednesday 5 October 2022): focus on trends enabling environmental and ecosystem recovery, waste management from plastics and tyres and the production of bioplastics from organic waste.
Additional initiatives will be organized in parallel with the main event with the aim of engaging academia and enhancing entrepreneurship at the event:
– Showcase: within the event area booths for startups, corporations, research centers and other entities will be set up, where it will be possible to show products and projects in order to promote best practices exchange, industrial symbiosis and business matching;
– Hackathon: starting from thematic areas and challenges defined by the partner companies of Re-think, an hackathon will be organized where students from the local Universities will compete with each other, presenting possible circular projects.
Main Partner of the event is Eni and other partners are Eni Joule as Innovation Partner, Apulia Region, Municipality of Taranto, UniCredit, Confapi Industria Taranto, Netherlands Embassy in Rome , Eurota ETS as co-organizer, Adnkronos as Media Partner, Cantine San Marzano as Technical Partner and Smallfish as Graphic Partner.
The event received the patronage from the European Commission Representation in Italy, Ministry of Ecological Transition, Ministry of agricultural, food and forestry policies, Municipality of Taranto, Taranto Chamber of Commerce, Ionian Sea Port Authority, Confapi Industria Taranto, Confindustria Taranto, Kyma Ambiente, IRSA – CNR, University of Bari, University of Foggia, University of Salento, LUM University, Politecnico di Bari, ARTI Puglia, SIMA and Jonan Dolphin Conservation.
Registration link: HERE